Miura K-grind 1957 series wedge
Please select your customisation options below and submit them to us. A member of our team will get back in touch with you to offer our most competitive price. If there are any other specific customisations that you require for your build, then let us know in the notes field.
|K-Grind Wedges (Right Hand Only)|
|Material :||Mild steel|
|Process:||Precision forging plus hand grinding and polishing at Miura’s own forge and factory in Himeji, Japan|
|Finish:||W nickel (satin) chrome|
|Grip type:||Velvet Full Cord|
|Shaft Type & Flex.:||Steel Shaft / Stiff Flex.|
“K-Wedges” by Miura
The international golfing press has always used the words “from the hands of god” to describe Katsuhiro Miura’s forged irons. Could it be that the inspiration for his newest wedge came from his own hands? The sole of the new k wedge is “fluted” which bears a striking resemblance to finger-tip impressions, or even human knuckles. These three channels reduce the resistance against the wedge in sand, thick rough, and even the fairway. The sole of the wedge moves with the grass instead of against it. The channels move around the sand instead of colliding with it. It allows the wedge to accelerate thru the ball with less effort in every condition to improve the odds of hitting a good shot.
· Better results out of wet sand.
· Reduces the odds of “catching it heavy” on long bunker shots.
· Better acceleration on ½ and ¼ swings around the green.
· Digs it out of deep rough.
· Works great in normal conditions with the same feel and performance for which Miura wedges are known
- Feel, feedback and workability of a forged blade.Miura’s forging techniques rearrange the molecular structure of the mild steel in a pattern that is uniform throughout the hitting area of the club in a manner that is unique to his clubs. This tightness in the grain structure of the metal is what gives Miura made clubs the controlled, soft feel that other manufacturers cannot achieve.Miura also uses a proprietary “spin welding” process to produce the industries’ most consistent hosel. This unique procedure ensures that the bore depths and hosel heights are identical on every Miura made head and the shaft of every club will be perfectly centered.
- “Series 1957” – limited special edition“Designed for players seeking the very best” says Katsuhiro Miura.This new Miura “Series 1957” Yoshitaka wedges goes through the same forging process which makes the Miura Irons so successful in the consistency of the strike of the ball and in terms of feel.